There are so many amazing things about being a Massage Therapist. Here are our top 5:
- Loving what you do. It is the most amazing feeling to wake up every morning excited to go to work and help people feel better. There is so many different techniques and modalities that every massage is different and not repetitive, so you never get bored. Every client is different and each massage is unique. As a Massage Therapist, you never stop learning, and each day is a new opportunity to develop your skills or learn a new technique.
- Flexibility. As a Massage Therapist, you can choose to work full-time, part-time, or you can even fit your massage work around the schedule of another job. You can work at a spa, Chiropractor's office, hospital, or in your own practice. If you have children or other responsibilities, you can set your schedule around your life. Not many professions can give you that kind of flexibility.
- Being your own boss. Who wouldn't enjoy that? Not having to work for anyone but yourself, at your pace, on your schedule.
- Traveling. You can take your massage with you anywhere and everywhere. Whether the result of life changes or an adventurous spirit and desire to travel, massage is a portable career that can take you all sorts of places.
- Being well educated. Massage school is a rigorous academic program that prepares Massage Therapists with a full knowledge of the human body and techniques to provide pain relief and healing. Not only do Massage Therapists have a knowledge of muscles, bones, pathologies, skin issues, injuries, and diseases, but they learn medical terminology on par with doctors, nurses, and other health care providers in order to communicate with them professionally.